Tooth extraction is when your dentist or oral surgeon removes your tooth entirely out of your jaw.
Our approach to tooth extraction is a conservative one. First, we will examine your tooth thoroughly to determine whether removal is necessary. When possible, we will then try our best to save your tooth with restorative procedures. If your tooth is too severely damaged to be repaired and tooth removal is crucial to the wellbeing of the rest of your teeth, we will recommend a tooth removal.
At Skyview, Your smile and total comfort are our number one priority, as such, we will do all that we can to make the process painless and comfortable.
We will discuss different care options with you before and after the procedure so that you can choose the options that work best for you. To improve your experience and keep you pain-free, Skyview offers the following options:
- Local anesthesia
- Superior patient amenities
- Entertainment options
- Massage chairs
- Great views
We understand that it is essential to prepare for your tooth extraction mentally. Here’s what you can expect from the tooth removal, healing process, and subsequent tooth replacement process.
What to Expect During Tooth Removal
- Your dentist will inject you with an anesthetic to numb the area of the tooth removal
- She will then gently rock the tooth back and forth to loosen it from the jaw bone and ligaments that hold it in place
- Once the socket is wide enough or the tooth is separated, she will gently remove the tooth
- If your tooth is hard-to-pull, the dentist will remove it in pieces
- Once she pulls the tooth, the dentist will pack a gauze pad into the socket and have you bite down to help stop the bleeding
What to Expect Post Tooth Removal
- Following your extraction, we will send you home to recover; recovery typically takes a few days
- We will provide you with home instructions to minimize discomfort, reduce the risk of infection, and speed your recovery
It’s essential to replace the tooth promptly to prevent other teeth from shifting and changing to accommodate the new gap. We will help you decide which restoration procedure will best suit your needs.
Our staff is trained to create a relaxing environment, and our dentists have the gentlest touch. Skyview’s advanced technology coupled with our relaxing practice will make your experience as painless and less bothersome as possible!
If you think you need a tooth extraction or want to have a consultation, please don’t hesitate to call us immediately!